Friday, March 30, 2012

Invicible Sub report for generating shared variables

Hi!

Im creating a report with a manual running total in a main report. As a condition to the running total, Im having a sub-report in the details section bringing a shared boolean variable back to the main report.

My problem is that I dont want the sub report to be visible. Have tried suppress it, but then the shared variable isnt brought to the main report correctly.

Please advice me!

Regards,
KarlSuppressing the report doesn't stop the execution of the report.
Show the code that you are using or screen shot.|||Suppress all sections of the subreport; the formulas etc. within it will still run. In the subreport's properties (right click it in the main report) choose suppress blank subreport. In the main report, choose suppress blank section.|||Hi!
Thanks for fast reply.

I've uploaded a screenshot of the report. When showing the sub-report, I'm getting the shared variables back. But if I suppress the section of the sub-report, the sub-report or un-select the can-grow flag, I'm not getting any share variable back (i.e. it's false).

Have anyone seen this behaviour before?

B.R
Karl|||If you suppress the subreport it doesn't run. That's why you suppress the sections within the subreport and suppress both a blank subreport and a blank section containing the subreport. It then still runs, but nothing is displayed.|||Yea, that works!
Thanks alot, you saved my day/week/job... :)

Regards,
Karl

No comments:

Post a Comment