Monday, March 26, 2012

Invalid Semantic Model

Hello

While following the instructions on the tutorial "Creating a Report Model Based on an Analysis Services Cube", I got this error when trying to create the report model:

The semantic model is not valid. Details: The element 'Entity' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2004/10/semanticmodeling' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'IdentifyingAttributes' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2004/10/semanticmodeling'. (InvalidSemanticModel)

I have tried to use a SSAS cube of my own, which is working fine and tried to create a model based on it so I can create ad-hoc reports.

Parameters chosen on the data source creation:

Connection Type: Microsoft SSAS

Connection String: Data Source=localhost\SQL2005;Initial Catalog="TAP Analysis"

Connect Using: Windows Integrated Security

To SSAS using the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I use Windows Authentication.

In the model creation, I have tried to switch to other credentials, but the error still remains... Can you help me with this one?

Thanks

Andr

I have the solution.

After the opening of the case in microsoft, this problem was analysed by the support teams and I got an answer today.

The problem seems to be one relationship i've built between a fact table and a dimension table.

In the current release of SSRS and SSAS, a relationship from one entity to another is implicitly to the key of the destination entity.

I was using a Time dimension (the dimension key was "day") and I was building a relationship based on the attribute "month".

So, the relationship was ignored and my fact table had no relationships and therefore, no identifyers, and that was the cause of the problem.

The solution for my case was relating the month to the first day of the month in the Time table.

I was told Microsoft plans to lift such limitation on the next releases.

Hope this helps for anyone with similar problems

Andr

No comments:

Post a Comment