Monday, March 26, 2012

invalid report server database

I'm trying to install the developer edition of SQL Reporting Services in a
developer edition of SQL 2000. I keep getting the error message
"rsInvalidReportServerDatabase" and the expected version is 'C.0.6.54'. I do
a complete uninstall, manually remove the database and log files, and attempt
another install, but keep getting an error that I need to run rsactivate.
When I do I get the error that the Report Web service has not generated a
public key. I unchecked the require SSL during install. When I run the report
manager I get the invalid report server database. Any help will be
appreciated.The problem is that I changed the name of the machine and needed to update
Security with the SQL logon of the new <local machine>\ASPNET account and
set the database access for Master, ReportServer, ReportServerTempDB to
RSExecRole. If anyone gets this same error, you may want to check your
ASPNET logon in SQL server.
Dan
"DLS" <DLS@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EB4F685C-7B22-4499-AC95-26E53A123A42@.microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to install the developer edition of SQL Reporting Services in a
> developer edition of SQL 2000. I keep getting the error message
> "rsInvalidReportServerDatabase" and the expected version is 'C.0.6.54'. I
> do
> a complete uninstall, manually remove the database and log files, and
> attempt
> another install, but keep getting an error that I need to run rsactivate.
> When I do I get the error that the Report Web service has not generated a
> public key. I unchecked the require SSL during install. When I run the
> report
> manager I get the invalid report server database. Any help will be
> appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment