Friday, March 30, 2012

Invoke a call for a report in VB2003

We just updated to SQL2005 and all it entails. I've made a report,
deployed it and published it on the web reportserver. My question is,
how do I call it in a VB2003 application? I know how to migrate the
apps in the new "DTS". I can find all the info I need on VB2005, but
we didn't upgrade to that. I need to be able to print this report
during our down time. So, if calling it in 2003 isn't an option, is
there anyway I can schedule the report to print. I see scheduling, but
that's just to compile the report, not print it(unless I'm missing
something). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!Printing is client oriented in both RS 2000 and RS 2005. No difference
between these two. What you could do is schedule a job to render to a file,
pdf format and then have an app monitoring the directory, picking up the
file and printing it.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"MBE" <nada@.knology.net> wrote in message
news:1157724090.595634.194360@.i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> We just updated to SQL2005 and all it entails. I've made a report,
> deployed it and published it on the web reportserver. My question is,
> how do I call it in a VB2003 application? I know how to migrate the
> apps in the new "DTS". I can find all the info I need on VB2005, but
> we didn't upgrade to that. I need to be able to print this report
> during our down time. So, if calling it in 2003 isn't an option, is
> there anyway I can schedule the report to print. I see scheduling, but
> that's just to compile the report, not print it(unless I'm missing
> something). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>|||That makes sense. I'll work on it and see what happens. Thanks! I
guess I've been struggling learning Reporting Services that I made it
harder than it was. Thanks again.
Bruce L-C [MVP] wrote:
> Printing is client oriented in both RS 2000 and RS 2005. No difference
> between these two. What you could do is schedule a job to render to a file,
> pdf format and then have an app monitoring the directory, picking up the
> file and printing it.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>
> "MBE" <nada@.knology.net> wrote in message
> news:1157724090.595634.194360@.i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > We just updated to SQL2005 and all it entails. I've made a report,
> > deployed it and published it on the web reportserver. My question is,
> > how do I call it in a VB2003 application? I know how to migrate the
> > apps in the new "DTS". I can find all the info I need on VB2005, but
> > we didn't upgrade to that. I need to be able to print this report
> > during our down time. So, if calling it in 2003 isn't an option, is
> > there anyway I can schedule the report to print. I see scheduling, but
> > that's just to compile the report, not print it(unless I'm missing
> > something). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment