Friday, March 30, 2012

Invoice Pagination - How do I start next costomer on new sheet when needed?

Someone has to have asked this question before but I could not find the answer. I did find some places, not on this site, with the question.

Basically like the title says, I'm just doing for a different purpose but figured invoicing would be the most popular reason. If the last page of a group prints on the front of the sheet then I need to advance past the back of the sheet and onto a new sheet to start the next group. Just like invoicing would be. If the invoice finishes on page 3 then you need to skip page 4 and go to page 5.

My particular application is that I need to insert colored separators between groups so I can't have a new group start on the back page of a previous group. Hope that gets the point/need across.

Thanks

Carl

EDIT Another application for this same concept is printing a report for multiple departments or employees so the report will need to be printed so each department or employee can be given their part.

Lots of lookers but no ideas?

Do I need to make something more clear? Hopefully I gave enough info.

|||

Conceptually the way i would do this is to put the data inside a list control (group it by customer), and then set both PageBreakAtEnd and PageBreakAtStart to true, that way with two page breaks no invoice should start on the back of the previous one.

sluggy

|||

Would that not leave the potential for the first page to be blank? If so that solution will not work for me. I need one blank page if and only if the last printed page was an odd numbered page. I've tried setting up some conditions etc but page numbers can't be accessed in the detail and detail can't be accessed in the page header.

This seems like a very basic function that every aspiring reporting program would need.

EDIT I have already grouped this and have a page break at the end of group but wont set it for start of group for the reason stated above.

|||One more trip to the top before I come up with a work around. There has to be a simple answer or it can't be done in the current version at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment