Friday, March 30, 2012

Invisible Parameters

Hi,
How do i make parameters invisible.
Scenario:
I am doing the dynamic sorting. I put 2 textboxes next to the table header
asc/desc
and am doing osrting sending values by parameters and reloading the report
with sorted options.
But how do i make them invisible parameters ?i.e, the parameters shouldnt be
shown on the report.
When i try making the prompt blank - it gives me an error that the parameter
is only read only.
Please help
Thanks
RamDid you put a Default value before making clearing the prompt text?
--
Thanks
Ravi
"Ramani" wrote:
> Hi,
> How do i make parameters invisible.
> Scenario:
> I am doing the dynamic sorting. I put 2 textboxes next to the table header
> asc/desc
> and am doing osrting sending values by parameters and reloading the report
> with sorted options.
> But how do i make them invisible parameters ?i.e, the parameters shouldnt be
> shown on the report.
> When i try making the prompt blank - it gives me an error that the parameter
> is only read only.
> Please help
> Thanks
> Ram|||Yes, I did. I set the default values.
"Ravi" wrote:
> Did you put a Default value before making clearing the prompt text?
> --
> Thanks
> Ravi
>
> "Ramani" wrote:
> > Hi,
> > How do i make parameters invisible.
> > Scenario:
> > I am doing the dynamic sorting. I put 2 textboxes next to the table header
> > asc/desc
> > and am doing osrting sending values by parameters and reloading the report
> > with sorted options.
> > But how do i make them invisible parameters ?i.e, the parameters shouldnt be
> > shown on the report.
> > When i try making the prompt blank - it gives me an error that the parameter
> > is only read only.
> > Please help
> > Thanks
> > Ram|||I solved this problem by upgrading the server to at least the service pack 1
of reporting services. Then the "readonly" error no longer appears. It is to
my knowledge the only way to get rid of that ?&%$&* message.
To make sure you have the right version of Reporting Services, go to the
base URL for the report server (typically http://servername/reportserver/. At
the bottom of the browser page will be the version number:
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 8.00.743.00 <- this is
old
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 8.00.878.00 <- this is
SP1
Hope this helps.
"Ramani" wrote:
> Yes, I did. I set the default values.
> "Ravi" wrote:
> > Did you put a Default value before making clearing the prompt text?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks
> > Ravi
> >
> >
> > "Ramani" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > How do i make parameters invisible.
> > > Scenario:
> > > I am doing the dynamic sorting. I put 2 textboxes next to the table header
> > > asc/desc
> > > and am doing osrting sending values by parameters and reloading the report
> > > with sorted options.
> > > But how do i make them invisible parameters ?i.e, the parameters shouldnt be
> > > shown on the report.
> > > When i try making the prompt blank - it gives me an error that the parameter
> > > is only read only.
> > > Please help
> > > Thanks
> > > Ram|||I have sp2 installed .. will that be fine ?
"Eric" wrote:
> I solved this problem by upgrading the server to at least the service pack 1
> of reporting services. Then the "readonly" error no longer appears. It is to
> my knowledge the only way to get rid of that ?&%$&* message.
> To make sure you have the right version of Reporting Services, go to the
> base URL for the report server (typically http://servername/reportserver/. At
> the bottom of the browser page will be the version number:
> Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 8.00.743.00 <- this is
> old
> Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 8.00.878.00 <- this is
> SP1
> Hope this helps.
> "Ramani" wrote:
> > Yes, I did. I set the default values.
> >
> > "Ravi" wrote:
> >
> > > Did you put a Default value before making clearing the prompt text?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thanks
> > > Ravi
> > >
> > >
> > > "Ramani" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hi,
> > > > How do i make parameters invisible.
> > > > Scenario:
> > > > I am doing the dynamic sorting. I put 2 textboxes next to the table header
> > > > asc/desc
> > > > and am doing osrting sending values by parameters and reloading the report
> > > > with sorted options.
> > > > But how do i make them invisible parameters ?i.e, the parameters shouldnt be
> > > > shown on the report.
> > > > When i try making the prompt blank - it gives me an error that the parameter
> > > > is only read only.
> > > > Please help
> > > > Thanks
> > > > Ramsql

No comments:

Post a Comment