Friday, March 30, 2012

Invoice Pagination - How do I start next costomer on new sheet when needed?

Someone has to have asked this question before but I could not find the answer. I did find some places, not on this site, with the question.

Basically like the title says, but this would apply to any report that needs to be broken up for different destinations such as invoices, splitting off to different departments, or different employees. I'm just doing for a different purpose but figured invoicing would be the most popular reason. If the last page of a group prints on the front of the sheet (ie the odd page) then I need to advance past the back of the sheet (the even numbered page) and onto a new sheet to start the next group. Just like invoicing would be. If the invoice finishes on page 3 then you need to skip page 4 and go to page 5.

My particular application is that I need to insert colored separators between groups so I can't have a new group start on the back page of a previous group. Hope that gets the point/need across.

I've posted in other forums and have yet to get an answer to this seemingly simple report requirement.

Thanks a bunch

Carl

So is this just not doable in RS?

No comments:

Post a Comment